Friday 31 May 2013

All Packed.. Am I Ready To Go..?!

It's been a pretty busy week for me really and I'm very glad that I managed to get it off placement as there has been lots to sort!!

Monday was spent sorting out all my many documents.. And there are a lot! I've got flight tickets, safari tickets, hotel tickets, insurance documents, professional indemnity insurance documents, my yellow fever vaccination certificate - very important else I won't be allowed in the country!

Tuesday I started sorting out what clothes, etc. I needed to take. So my bedroom looked like a bomb site! I had piles everywhere, of everything I thought I may possibly need, these had to be sorted out and minimised, as I had way too many items to squeeze into my 23kg, let alone my backpack! Also ordered my US dollars for my safari, visa and CTA permit whilst I'm out there.

Last minute shopping was done in Exeter on Wednesday with my brother and boyfriend.. All important jami's were purchased, along with batteries for my torch (for when there's no electricity in the house!), and a journal to help me remember everything I need to. And I also enjoyed my last subway for at least six weeks!

Yesterday I had to go to London for the day, which was lovely! I went to be videoed for a 'YouTube' blog by 'YourWorld Healthcare'. This was more than scary, but once I'd done it I felt much better. I've also got to do a couple of blog posts for this company about the comparisons between here and there. Once I've been sent a link for the video, I'll pop it up here so if you fancy a look you are more than welcome!!

And today has been very, very stressful sorting everything out.. But I think I'm finally there now! Anti-Malaria tablets started, hand luggage packed, lunch sorted and backpack packed, although I needed a lot of help packing it and trying to squeeze everything in. It's only 16kg of stuff, but that's all my backpack will take (leaving a little bit of space for anything I want to bring back - although I have been told that I will not be allowed to take a giraffe through customs sadly!)

I'm a little nervous about getting the plane now, as I've never caught one alone before. But I'm so very excited to get out there and enjoy everything the country has to offer me! I was however very annoyed to hear that the weather was showering over there today as apose to the glorious sunshine over here (it was still 30 degrees though!)

Now it's time to relax and get a good nights sleeo before a long day of travelling tomorrow!

Next time I get a chance to update you guys, I will be in a very different country experiencing very different things.. So Watch this space to see what happens and what I get up to in Dar Es Salaam!

No comments:

Post a Comment